Friday, April 2, 2010

Days 12 and 13


So, another lb lost and victory is sweet.
Honestly this diet isn't hard at all, Sure I miss food... sure it is tempting while cooking for others what I cannot enjoy but it isn't impossible.

What are my priorities is what it comes down to, my priority is my health and my weight and the foods that I miss are not leaving the planet, I WILL be able to eat them again. In moderation of course but I can have them if that is what I choose to do, will I ?

I am not sure, it is possible but maybe I will look at food differently after this diet... I am looking at it differently today and none of the foods that I love will be gone forever and  I will have temptations, I am sure but I will know better now and have the choice. I think it is good to satisfy cravings... I will just have to indulge with smaller portions of my favorite foods.

Our down fall, as Americans... is processed foods and portion. Trying to get back to the basics is not easy, it is our ignorance of food that causes weight gain and as consumers we need to wisen up, it is amazing the things that I have been learning about labels, laws etc., but we can't blame all of it on manufacturers... it is us who buys the processed foods and eats the portions that we eat.

For quite a long time our family had been eliminating processed foods from our diet and adding organic when we can, but still gained weight, we added healthier health food but still satisfied our desires of processed foods.

The transition hasn't been extremely hard though, on this diet we have been detoxing from sugar and gluten, I actually did go through some withdraws for the last couple of days that have been quite irritating, it hit me when I was sleeping, it was achey joints and body, I couldn't sleep or get comfortable and it was driving me mad.

I took epson salt baths, 5-6 cups of epson salt to the bathwater and soaked as long as I could.. I did mix other salts in too, Dead Sea Salt and Pink Himalayan Salt. The Salt Baths will help draw out the toxins and I now sleep much better, however if you suffer from high blood pressure it is NOT advised to do this method. Consult with your physician first!

Oh, I can't forget to add that my moods have been okay, I did have a couple of days that I was not a happy person but it wasn't related to being hungry because I haven't been hungry. My co workers say I have been much more social if anything and that could be due to the empowering feeling that I get succeeding thus far on this diet, I look and feel so much better and my confidence is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment