Monday, April 26, 2010

day 38 dinner

Total Calories for Dinner is 151. YES, I said 151 calories for dinner... and I am full!

And it was delicious!
I do not use mayonaise with my tuna fish because it is "white death" as my eldest brother says. It is unhealthy and fattening! Instead I use balsamic vinegar and fresh garlic, and sometimes a little olive oil.
INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
15 oz of strained tuna-468 calories
4TBS Balsamic Vinegar-20 calories
2 Celery Stalks chopped-25 calories
1 Large Clove garlic chopped very small-calories unknown
1/4 Small Onion-15 calories
1/2 Small apple chopped small-40 calories
1 TBS Extra virgin olive oil-35 calories
15 calories added for seasoning

I took all these ingredients and mixed well adding salt,pepper and seasoning to taste.
After mixed well I decided to add a small handful of parsley from the garden and didn't count those calories but I am sure it was minimal, it helps with the garlic and onion breath  ;).

I then cut 4 big beautifully colored red bell peppers and cleaned them out and stuffed them with the mixture.
that is it.

ONE full bell pepper with tuna stuffing came to 151 calories. The whole amount, 4 stuffed peppers comes to 607 calories.

I was totally satisfied due to the fact that I had a snack of 1 inch square of bri and 1 oz of almonds and two hot wings skin removed.

But just think, it is almost 9 pm and I am supposed to eat 1500 calories a day and I am only at 1156, and that is because I had two TBS of all natural peanut butter after dinner just to bring my calories up closer to 1500.
It is really really easy to be satisfied with 1500 calories a day, as long as you don't eat processed foods full of carbs.





No comments:

Post a Comment