Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 3

Pleasantly surprised how easy the day is thus far. We woke about 7am and I did inject myself with my 3rd shot of HCG hormone. I injected it into my belly fat and didn't even flinch, absolutely painless.

The HCG hormone is given to us in syringes, we get a supply of them and take them home, we put them in the refrigerator and take them out about 10-15 minutes before using them. I hold my shot in my hand until it warms up to body temp and then inject it, Carefully and responsibly depositing the used syringe and needle in a sharps container and that is it.

I weighed myself and was concerned that I didn't gain enough weight, the 10lbs that I put on in the last two days was now only 6lbs and I know how crucial it is to put on weight the first two days but I just have to move forward from here.

I took two bottles of water to work and drank them for my four hour shift and consequently did use the toilet a total of tens time before my shift was over.

Came home and pulled out the 3.5 oz of pre portioned chicken breast that we had prepared the night before and a bag of spinach. So the chicken had to be weighed out before cooking and the spinach too. We decided to eat our spinach raw and since we need to eat a total of 500 calories for the day we decided to eat 250 at lunch which meant 8 cups of uncooked spinach, 1 medium apple and the 3.5 oz of chicken which totaled 246 calories. I haven't finished my meal and it has been an hour. I am still munching on the apple and the spinach and having to eat more than I feel that I need but again, I am told that it is important to eat the amount of calories that is required.

Today at work, I didn't feel hungry. Maybe it was all the water. Doesn't matter, I am not suffering a slow starvation death that I thought that I would. I did however crave texture and taste and found myself eyeing a co workers chocolate Easter egg lolly. I even picked it up and smelled it but wasn't even tempted really.

For Dinner I am going to pretty much have the same thing as lunch, I may cook the spinach... or trade them out for beet greens (which is allowed), I was pulling the fresh organic parsnips and beets from the garden, looking at the arrugula and parsley and wondering if a taste would hurt. I love eating from my garden but tonight, I will not. The beets I will give to my daughter and the beet greens perhaps I will eat. As far as the arrugula, parsley and parsnips... I will have to do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment